Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Problems gettin´ there!!! Problem!

den 25 mars 2010 04:26:30
Copied from e-mail to IHQ:
...
So far this has been an interesting day... When I arrived at the Airport in Stockholm I almost missed the flight due to the fact that I am supposed to carry an "ORIGINAL letter of introduction on letter-headed paper of the charity you are travelling on behalf of" since ticket is on charity fare . I managed to convince the Air France representative in Stockholm to let me use the ticket any way. He told me that it might be a problem on the connecting flights but that I would need said letter on the return trip. Can you arrange this?

On the flight from Paris a man got sick and we had to land in Canada (Newfoundland, ST. Johns airport). Due to high wind preventing the de-iceing process before we have now embarked we have now been sent to hotels around the city.
I was told by the airline representative that we hopefully will be able to leave tomorrow and that they will sort out the connecting flights then.

My cellphone is not working here but I have internet access.
I have tried to call from the hotel with no success to the hotel in Atlanta. (not even with the help of the desk at the hotel here did anyone answer at the hotel in Atlanta)

Since its in the middle of the night I don't see any reason to call anyone else at the moment.

Can you tell our people in Haiti that I will be delayed? And can you check up on my trip from your end and get back to me? ...


Robert

No comments: